What is libido?
Libido is a person’s sexual drive or desire for sexual activity. Libido is influenced by biological, psychological, and social factors. Social factors, such as work and family, and internal psychological factors, such as personality and stress, can affect libido. Libido can also be affected by medical conditions, medications, lifestyle and relationship issues, and age. People can have low libidos, high libidos and mismatched libidos.
What affects your libido?
- Changes in hormone levels
- Stage of life/age
- Psychological/mental health
- Medical conditions
There are solutions
The good news is that there are many treatments for libido issues.
- Treatment for any underlying illness or medical condition
- Lifestyle changes and stress management
- Hormone therapy (if appropriate)
- Medication changes
- Antidepressants (certain antidepressants may be more suitable; others can reduce libido)
- Stress management
- Couples counselling
- Counselling with a therapist who specialised in sexual concerns.
What to expect when you have an appointment with Melissa
Due to the multifaceted nature of libido problems, expect to be asked multiple questions. You may require to have test arranged to determine causes of the problem. You may also require a physical examination, including that of the genitals.
Get In Touch
PO Box 959. South Fremantle. WA. 6162.
Mon - Sat: 9am - 5pm