Melissa Hadley-Barrett Clinical Sexologist/Nurse Practitioner
Melissa was trained as a Nurse Practitioner at Curtin University and has continued to keep studying since finishing her initial qualification in 1995. She has a Masters of Nursing and post graduate qualifications in sexology, midwifery, diabetes and wound care. She has worked in private practice since 2012.
Her career also includes working as an academic in teaching and research roles for both Curtin University and The WA Centre for Rural Health (formerly CUCRH). Melissa is an experienced generalist with a particular interest in sexuality and wellness. Melissa provides evidence based care in a non-judgemental open and friendly environment. She also enjoys public speaking and is passionate about imparting knowledge.
Melissa has a special interest in sexual function and relationships.
Her experience includes:
• Male sexual dysfunction/health: erectile dysfunction, penile rehabilitation after prostate cancer treatment, penile self-injection, premature ejaculation, STI screening/treatments, hypoactive sexual desire and hyperactive sexual desire.
• Female sexual dysfunction/health: cervical screening and hypoactive sexual desire and hyperactive sexual desire, perimenopause/menopause, dyspareunia (painful sex), and vaginal atrophy.
• ISSM – International Society for Sexual Medicine
• SAS – Society of Australian Sexologists
• RCN – Royal College of Nursing
• ANCP – Australian College of Nurse Practitioners
• AMS – Australasian Menopause Society
Get In Touch
PO Box 959. South Fremantle. WA. 6162.
Mon - Sat: 9am - 5pm